- About Us
- Get Involved
- For Professionals
What is the goal of each institute?
The goal of each Institute is to help national criminal justice professionals across the nation formulate new strategic approaches to combat hate crimes and terrorism based on a fresh understanding of the unique elements that differentiate them from other criminal acts.
How will participants accomplish this goal?
Participants will engage in an intense four-day program including the following:
Experience and Environment
• Explore the powerful exhibits of the Museum of Tolerance
• Participate in a symposium analyzing the national environment with respect to terrorism and hate crimes
• Learn new insights into the ethical dimensions of dealing with terrorist threats and hate crimes
• Consider the implications for the criminal justice system and the community
• Design a new collaborative response to the challenges of terrorism and hate crime
What are the follow up requirements?
The Simon Wiesenthal Center will provide ongoing support to all Institute graduates and their extended constituencies, including website updates and video-conferences. Participants will:
• Motivate their agencies and communities to implement the action plan developed during the Institute
• Maintain communication with the Simon Wiesenthal Center staff and other Institute participants through the Center’s customized and secure website and virtual network
• Participate in ongoing program evaluation and development
It is important for at least one member of the team to be technologically literate. Digital technology is used extensively for dissemination of information and communication.
What are the dates of upcoming Institutes?
More dates will be added shortly
You can download the application form here and fax the completed application to our office. Our fax number is (310) 772-7626.
Click here to download a Flyer about the Institute
(You must have Acrobat Reader to access this file)
If you have any questions, you may contact the Project Coordinator, at (310) 772-7620 or via e-mail.
Notice of Federal Funding and Federal Disclaimer