DIGITAL MARKETING / SOCIAL MEDIA SPECIALIST
FULL TIME POSITION
The Museum of Tolerance is seeking a Digital Marketing/Social Media professional looking to join an innovative team of mission-driven individuals who thrive working in a fast-paced environment. The ideal candidate must possess excellent communication, administrative and organizational skills, value attention to detail, a “will-do” attitude; as well as being enthusiastic, personable and adept to managing multiple time sensitive projects simultaneously.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The main responsibility of the Digital Marketing Specialist is to promote the MOT in the digital space, increasing the Museum’s presence on social media and fostering community engagement in the MOT’s message, mission and activities using digital platforms. Responsible for:
- Social Media posting and management of all channels such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, Yelp, and other social networking mediums for the Museum of Tolerance
- Staying current with digital trends and advocate for implementation of best practices including emerging technologies to drive online membership
- Formatting, uploading and general content management of the Museum of Tolerance website, ensuring that all content is vetted, reviewed and approved in advance of deadlines
- Effectively manage the scheduling, strategy and development of eblasts to the Museum constituency, including analytic reporting
- This position reports to the Communications Director
YOU WILL BE A GREAT FIT FOR US IF YOU:
- Have a Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, journalism or related fields, with a minimum of 1 year of relevant work experience (either agency or brand)
- Are proficient in Social Media platforms (i.e. Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest, etc.)
- Can work in a very busy museum environment with many demands while maintaining poise and professionalism.
- Possess a self-starting attitude, be ready to seize opportunities and make an impact without specific instruction
- Have a working knowledge of email and social media marketing best practices
- Have experience working with Blackbaud's Luminate software, or with other HTML and with other website CMS platforms
- Understand Facebook Insights, Google Analytics and other analytics platforms, as well as Partner vendors (couponing, webinars, social monitoring providers, etc.)
- Have excellent organizational and written communication skills, proofreading and editing skills.
- Have basic graphic design skills (i.e. PhotoShop, Adobe Illustrator, etc.)
- Appreciate and are enthusiastic about effective community engagement in a social justice framework
- Are able to multi-task, handle requests from multiple sources and determine priorities as well as order of completion
- Spot industry news and trends and share with the team
- Flexible and willing to perform other reasonable duties as requested by the Communications Director.
40 hours/week; Monday – Friday, (includes evening events and occasional Sundays)
Equal Opportunity Employer
Qualified applicants, please email cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org