ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT /
MMOT OPERATIONS COORDINATOR
FULL TIME POSITION
The Simon Wiesenthal Center (SWC) is a leading, global, Jewish human rights organization dedicated to confronting racism, antisemitism, and hate; to promoting human dignity, defending democracy and freedom; and to teaching the lessons of the Holocaust for future generations.
The Simon Wiesenthal Center’s Midwest Region is looking for an enthusiastic individual to take on a dual role of an Administrative Assistant and Mobile Museum of Tolerance (MMOT) Operations Coordinator. The Administrative Assistant/MMOT Coordinator will support the Midwest Region Director and MMOT Senior Manager of the Simon Wiesenthal Center’s Midwest Regional Office, located in Chicago.
This position involves various responsibilities, included but not limited to the following:
Administrative Assistant Role:
- Provide high-level administrative support, schedule appointments, and prepare correspondence: letters, emails and other documents, as needed.
- Maintain appointment schedules and calendars including hotel arrangements and meeting schedule support for incoming speakers/solicitors.
- Process expense reports and keep record of all spending activities for the Midwest Director.
- Update social media and keep track of press regarding SWC and the MMOT.
- Conduct internet research for Midwest Director and Senior Manager.
- Coordinate and attend meetings, record minutes, and compose post-meeting reviews.
- Set up zoom meetings and emails for SWC’s committees and panel discussions.
- Maintain donor database.
- Manage development correspondence and office systems.
- Process contributions, prepare donor forms, issue receipts and thank you letters.
- Assist with donor cultivation and engagement.
- Conduct research on current and potential donors/grantors.
- Maintain detailed records of all donations and pledges.
- Assist Senior Manager in researching, preparing documents, and sending grant applications and letters of interest to potential grantors.
Event Management Responsibilities:
- Manage logistics of all fundraising and educational events and ensure successful execution of all event operations.
- Oversee execution of programming including AV, power points, catering, decorations, and all vendor activities.
- Create and coordinate communication materials for event including press releases, media alerts, invitations, advertisements, online and email marketing, community calendar listings, event signage, and donor recognition materials.
- Track donation amounts and guest lists.
- Responsible for the planning and execution of annual gala dinner.
- Coordinate year-round speaker and donor engagement events.
- Research potential venues for events and serve as point of contact with vendors.
MMOT Operations Coordinator will coordinate daily operations for the MMOT bus, schedule, and logistics. Responsibilities will include overseeing daily operational needs; arranging the schedule of school, business or organization visits; managing the external/PR needs of the MMOT, and additional duties as identified by the Midwest Regional Director.
Operations/Logistics Management Role:
- Manage daily operations of MMOT.
- Coordinate schedule of the MMOT alongside team (Bus Company, Bus Driver, Educator, Senior Manager and Midwest Director).
- Attend weekly logistic meetings with representative from Bus Company to make sure the MMOT complies with the law and our contract.
- Responsible for emails to schools and communities regarding booking, scheduling, parking location and confirmation in advance of the MMOT’s arrival and post visit thank you and survey information.
- Keep and update shared documents with the schedule of MMOT visits as well as their deadlines for forms.
- Check reservation forms on the MMOT website, update forms with new events.
- Work with relevant partners, including public/private schools, law enforcement agencies, libraries, and faith-based and community organizations.
- Prepare strategic plan for emergencies/unintended delays/rapid change in schedule.
- Manage external PR and social media needs of the MMOT.
- Consult with Midwest Director, Senior Manager and lobbyist for visits in communities or with possible dignitaries.
You Will Be A Great Fit for Us If You:
- Are self-motivated, creative, detail-oriented individual with excellent verbal and organizational skills.
- Have strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Have strong communication, interpersonal skills, and writing skills.
- Can work independently and under pressure while handling multiple projects.
- Like to wear many hats and gain experience in many facets of non-profit management.
- Are a self-starter with a passion for advocating for human rights.
- Respect for cultural diversity and a commitment to social justice.
- Are dedicated and have a sincere commitment to the mission, goals, and ideals of the Simon Wiesenthal Center and non-profit work.
- Are flexible and willing to perform other reasonable duties as requested by the Midwest Director
Additional Skills and Qualifications:
- College degree required; minimum 2 years work experience in comparable environment.
- Excellent typing and computer skills, extraordinary capability in all Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel and Power Point), graphs and internet research tools
- Social media and internet savvy.
- Ability to maintain the highest standards of confidentiality.
- Non-profit experience preferred.
Fulltime Position; Monday – Friday, (includes evening events and occasional Sundays)
Equal Opportunity Employer
Qualified applicants, please email cover letter and resumes to email@example.com
We thank everyone for their interest, but only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.